Monday, January 18, 2010

BANDHANA KRIYA

" There can be tremendous change in your destiny, because it brings the neutrality of the tattwas ( elements)" Yogi Bahjan

About 13 years ago I was drawn into hand reading. I bought some books and walked through the lines of my hands into the depths of my psyche. I internalized the knowledge in the books and filled them with stories I heard from my inner self. For more than a year I was totally fixated on the interior of mine and other peoples hands.
One belief I came across was the connection between a cup shaped handpalm and the disability to create material wealth. A stretched palm that could hold water, poured into it, is similar to a hand of a beggar, always reaching out to receive alms. Unfortunately I have two hand palms shaped like this and a history of times with low cash flow.
It would be easy to connect my financial droughts to several circumstances of my life starting with a low focus on money, an inner incapability for putting a little water by the wine and a choice of profession with a substantial need for luck and perseverance to belong to the happy few with a 'royal' income. But precisely luck and perseverance are two traits in life I can always count on. Nevertheless, I feel a source of imbalance and I rather see a connection with an old collective christian believe pattern: true spirituality and material wealth don't belong together. Of course by now we know better. But are we already intrinsicly heeled and ready to move towards the new believe pattern? And what is that new belief? Franciscus of Assisi lived in and created a whole movement around poverty. But he was so rich on compassion that he even now fills the hearts of people with joy. Osho was a great enlightened artistic magician and next to bunches of books he also materialized 80 Rolls Royce and I thank him for that wholeheartedly! He shacked my spiritual structure like no other with this deed..., I still remember the lightening and thunder in my system, my struggle to comprehend; and the opening towards light by the acceptance that we are all born rich and that there is no guilt ore shame involved living it out.
But there are different qualities of richness like there are different people. Ask a professional cook and she can tell you probably a lot about the richness belonging to different sorts of food: texture, colour, smell..... So the importance is to open up towards our own intrinsic richness.
Living our unique traits, created by the perfect blend of the elements ( tattwas ) is, from my point of view, the one road towards righteously earned wealth in whatever form.
Practicing the Bandha Kriya gave me the understanding how important it is to work, if needed, on the 'belief gap' in our structure. Thinking that wealth is our natural right of birth is a good first step. Creating a new elemental structure to hold this belief (if you are like me 'blessed' with the inheritance of an old structure) is for the step to follow.
Knowing to have lived numerous life's 'in the name of god' my cupped hand palms seem a perfect materialisation of a christian duality which dominated for centuries our thinking. The yogic technique of the Bandha Kriya gives you and me the tool to change this line of fate and seize again infinity within our human capacity. We balance our self by perfectly connecting both palms and neutrality is created by adding rhythm, rate, pranic force. The elements can reasamble themselfes like they are ment to be in this life, Wahey Guru!


Bandhana Kriya
Sit in Easy Pose with a straight spine. Press your hands together in Prayer Mudra (like you see in the picture above). The hands must be exactly pressed together, the fingers must be exactly fitted against each other, the thumbs fully connected, and palms perfectly pressed together. Leave no room for error. The eyes are nine-tenths closed with a line of vision paralleling the nose. Inhale deeply, hold the breath in, and mentally chant Wha-hey Guroo eight times. Then exhale completely, hold he breath out, and mentally chant Wha-hey Guroo eight times at the same rhythm and rate. Continue 31 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment