Friday, January 8, 2010

A CLEAN START....

As above so below. Let's create a Solar Tribe here on Earth!

If you want to have a clean start in the New Year and just feel like experiencing one of the most efficient and wonderful cleansing and healing diets your wellkom to try this recipe below from the book "Ancient Art of Self-Healing". It's very suitable for the winter because of it's richness in proteine.
In okt.-nov. I followed this diet for 40 days (the whole day). First I felt restricted and sorry for myself...., my senses pulled and triggered my brain in every possible way to lure me in a little cheating, temptation around every corner. But after some days I felt so light but well fed, balanced and clean from inside that it got better and better. My focus got strong because I didn't wanted to loose that new experience. I never felt better in my belly and my intestines than during this diet! It altered my understanding about food. I'm quite a health freak and this experience added a new dimension of wellness created by food to my knowledge. I now prepare it once a month. Because it takes some time to prepare I dubble the amount given underneath. It's enough for three days for two people adding some fruit in the morning.

Enjoy and greetz,
Anne

Mung Beans and Rice ("Kitcheree"):

1 cup mung beans
1 cup basmati rice
9 cups water
4-6 cups chopped assorted vegetables (for example: sweet potatoes, carrots, zucchine, broccoli, etc. be creative!)
1/2 cup of olive oil or ghee (cleaned butter)
2 onions, chopped
1/3 cup minced ginger root
8-10 cloves garlic, minced
1 heaping teaspoon tumeric
1 heaping teaspoon garam masala
½ teaspoon pepper
1 heaping teaspoon crushed red chillies
1 tablespoon sweet basil
2 bay leaves
seeds of 5 cardamon pods
salt or tamari sauce to taste

Wash beans and rice. Bring water to boil. Add rice and beans and let boil over medium-high flame. Prepare vegetables. Add vegetables to cooking rice and beans. Heat oil or ghee in large frying pan. Add onions, ginger, and garlic and saute over medium-high flame until browning. Add curcuma (tumeric), black pepper, and chilli (no salt or herbs). When nicely well done, put this mixture into the cooking beans and rice. Add herbs. Stir well. Continue to cook until totally and completely well done, over a medium-high flame, stirring often. The consistency should be rich, thick and soup-like (mine I like a little thicker), with ingredients barely discernable.

1 comment: