Tuesday, January 12, 2010

SPIRITUAL NAME

Shortly before I started with my first teachers training I applied for a spiritual name. The Kundalini Yoga practice of spiritual name giving here in the West originated by Yogi Bhajan. He passed this method down to others for sustaining this knowledge. Within this tradition it is up to you to take the first step towards this gift. You certainly don't have to be a teacher or advanced practitioner to apply. When you feel ready it's just a matter of taking initiative and than waiting to get 'written prove' of your souls destiny. It presents the highest purpose of the person who is called by that name. A spiritual name is like a personal mantra guiding you to that destiny.
Spiritual names where quite fare out for my apprehension at that time so I wasn't  attached to the outcome. It just seemed fun to do. But when it arrived through the mail it hit me big times: Two little words - big impact! The name I received was Guru Karta. No big explanation came with it like I had seen by others; just the four words 'God is the Doer'..., and everything fell into place.
Before I started teaching Kundalini Yoga, I was a professional artist. The point was that I lost myself in doing. I couldn't handle my passion in a good way and ended up being a frantic workaholic with no further life at all. Doe to the physical consequences of it I started this yoga. I learned by now that vanishing in doing is marvellous but an art on itself doing it the 'right' way. The name helped and still helps me a bunch to stay focused on this essence. When becoming to attached towards the outcome or loosing the big picture by being too frenzy I repeat "God is the Doer". The frantic me vanishes ( more or les, hihi) and gives space to my soul . What a relieve!
Interested to read more about it or inspired to make a request of your own? Here is the link:

1 comment:

  1. Dankjewel Anne. Erg inspirerend. Ik heb ook een om een spirituele naam gevraagd na het lezen van je bericht. Ben benieuwd wat 't is :)
    Lovelove. Lieve

    ReplyDelete